Sunday 19 April 2015

The Race For Life.

Before I was born, my Grandma passed away due to breast cancer, and when it happened, my Mum was the age I am at now. I can't imagine losing anyone that close to me at this young an age. 
I've always felt that it was unfair because I never got the chance to meet her, and everything my Mum has told me about her shows me how much of an amazing woman she was. One of my main objectives in life is to just make her proud, and the best way I can think of to do that is the Race For Life. 
For the past 2 years I have done the 5k at Temple Newsam. Even if I only raise £1, it's still a step closer to getting rid of this absolute bitch of a disease. 

 2013
My sister Emma, Me, Auntie Vicky, my cousin Harriet, Auntie Yats, my Mum Philippa, and on the floor: my cousin Tom came to cheer us on.
 2014
Here we are again! Emma, Harriet, Me, Auntie Yats, Auntie Vicky, my Mum.

Over the years i've lost other family members, including my Auntie Dot. She always wanted me to go to University, and after she passed away I finally got in, so I hope she's super proud of me for that one!

So this year, along with Harriet, Emma and Auntie Yats, we are going to take part in Pretty Muddy, which is The Race For Life, but with obstacles inspired by the likes of Total Warrior and Tough Mudder.

 All kitted out for 2015
T-Shirt, Group Leader badge, tattoos and my number!
There is a JustGiving link on the right hand side of my page, it would mean a lot to me and millions of others in the world if you could sponsor us, even just £1 makes a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment