Monday 11 January 2016

What i'll miss & what i'm looking forward to.

Hello! It's been a while. I've had a lot on my plate recently and i've just been either too busy or had no motivation to write anything, but the excitement of a new year and an upcoming adventure has spurred me on to write again.
Recently i've had millions of thoughts whizzing through my head about little things i'm going to miss whilst i'm away and other things that i'm really looking forward to. I thought it might help clear up my head to write them down, and writing on my blog somewhat calms me.

What I will miss.
1. My family: I think that's probably the most obvious. We're so close and it'll be very strange to not have them a stones throw away (i'll miss my sister the most but don't tell my mum and dad).
2. My friends: another obvious one. I'm lucky enough to have no shortage of them and i'm going to miss every single one of them so much. I've been begging them all to come and visit me at some point!
3. Mum's cooking! If you haven't had one of Pip's homemade meals, you haven't lived. And if you know me then you'll be aware that i'm no Jamie Oliver in the kitchen. I can make pasta and that's about it.
4. My cat: He's a right little bastard sometimes but i'm going to miss his cuddles!
5. My car. This is such a first world problem but i'm seriously going to miss being able to drive myself around for 5 months. Back on the peasant wagon!
6. My double bed: Another first world problem - I have a single bed in my new apartment!

What i'm looking forward to.
1. Meeting new people: making some Aussie friends!
2. Living on my own: hopefully it will finally teach me to be tidier.
3. Living near the beach! Do I really need to explain this one?
4. Being surrounded by a different culture: one of my most favourite things is getting to know other cultures. When I went to Rome I was fascinated in how erratic and busy the Italians are.
5. Improving my Australian accent: (i've been practicing).
6. Getting out of Leeds for a while! There's a lot of people I know that hate living in Leeds, and whilst it isn't my favourite place in the world, it's still home. However i'm very excited to get to know another big city.
7. The gorgeous weather: even though when I get there it will be in the transition from summer to winter, it's still going to be pretty damn hot!
8. Visiting Sydney at Easter: Harbour Bridge, the Opera House (that's the plan anyway).
9. Learning to be independent: it's about time.
10. Writing letters! A few people have called me strange for this one. I thought it might be nice to send my friends and some family letters whilst i'm away. It would be a nice change to sending e-mails or messages and I love getting things through the post.

I'm already feeling better after jotting these down! Everything is set in stone now; flights booked, accommodation sorted and enrolment accepted. All that is left to do is pack and go!
I'll try and keep more blog posts coming, as soon as my exams are over i'll have a lot more free time to think of new things to write about.
𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒𝕓𝕖𝕝
Ps. I sincerely hope I come back with an awesome accent.


No comments:

Post a Comment