Thursday 18 February 2016

On my way.

So here I go. Off on an adventure, completely by myself. I'm like Bilbo Baggins. If you went back 5 years and told 16 year old me that i'd be doing this, there's absolutely no way i'd believe you. I'm currently sat on my Emirates flight on the way to Dubai. Looking at the map, i'm just flying out of Europe as I write this.
Without a doubt the most difficult part of this whole thing was saying goodbye to my family. It's the first and only time I kind of wished we weren't so close, then it would have been so much easier. But we're so incredibly close knit and i'm going to miss them all so so much, especially my sister, Emma (sorry Mum & Dad).
As soon as I stepped onto the plane, I wasn't upset anymore, I was just flabbergasted at how swish the plane was! Friends and family had told me about the A380's but they didn't do them justice. There's little twinkly lights on the ceiling like stars and when I sat down the air hostess (pause for Busted outburst) was handing out warm lemon-scented flannels on a silver tray using silver tongs. I can't cope with the poshness! And don't get me started on the TV. I've already watched 2 Star Wars films, i'll probably start a 3rd soon.
For once, the plane food was LOVELY. Chicken, cheesey mash, gravy and vegetables. With a tuna salad starter, a chocolate pudding dessert and a baby pack of Tic Tac's for afterwards.
Next to the TV there are multiple types of plug sockets and USB ports to charge phones and things with. Then there's the whole reason i'm able to write this blog post - free wifi! It feels so strange to be messaging my family and browsing Facebook whilst up in the air.
I'd love to go upstairs and see what the business class looks like but i'll like a bit of a peasant up there.
I also got a free pillow and blanket. So I am nice and cosy.
If the woman in front of me would stop kicking up a fuss and the man next to me would stop snoring then I am in for a very pleasant flight.
The next time I write i'll hopefully be in my new home.
𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒𝕓𝕖𝕝

No comments:

Post a Comment